- Locations: Knowledge Village
- Duration: Upto 11 Months
- Timings Monday & Wednesday 6:30 - 8:30
Event management involves studying the intricacies of the brand, identifying the target audience, devising the event concept, planning the logistics and coordinating the technical aspects before actually executing the proposed event. Event Management is a serious career option, and very rewarding. The launch of iconic projects such as the Atlantis, the impact of exhibitions such as GITEX, The Air Show, and the huge investment in sporting events such as the Cricket World Cup, Tennis Championships and Formula 1 - demonstrates that the world is an event managers paradise. Governments are realising the power of events and tourism, with a plethora of shows, concerts, festivals and carnivals aimed at attracting tourists and locals alike.
The One Year Part Time Course at EMDI trains students in the following 4 broad areas:
- The Creative Side of the Event Business (Ideation / Look & Feel / Event Concepts / Design)
- The Marketing side of the event business (Sponsorship, Media, Marketing, Print/TV/Radio/Online, Client Servicing
- The Production side of the event business (Planning, Logistics, Operations, Budgeting, Risk, Safety, Coordination, Venue Layouts, Floor Plans, Management)
- The Technical side of the event business (Sound, Lights, Lasers, Special Effects, AV, Fireworks etc)
Across all the different categories of events - from Sporting Events, Music Concerts, Exhibitions, Trade Fairs, Seminars, Product Launches, Gala Dinners, Weddings, Festivals and Carnivals and other live events.
There is a huge potential for employment and entrepreneurship- where freelance professionals are often sought after for their services.
All our courses are certified by Pearsons, UK. EMDI is a Member of ISES-ME (International Special Events Society - Middle East)
About EMDI Institute of Media & Communications
Why choose EMDI?
- EMDI is an international training institute established in Dubai since 2004. It has trained over 1000 professionals in Dubai alone and over 5000 in India and Africa.
- EMDI courses are accredited and recognized by City & Guilds, London. City and Guilds is UK's largest vocational accreditation board. A stamp of quality.
- Every lecture at EMDI is taught by Industry professionals - which means you learn from event managers who share their experiences. No boring faculty, just actual experiences are shared daily with students.
- All our students are sent to work on live events. Which means you as an EMDI student can work on events such as the Jazz Festival, Rugby 7's, Tennis Championship, Launch of various projects like Yas Waterworld, The Formula 1 race, and a host of other music concerts (Western & Indian & Arabic) and other events. On an average we work on over 100 events a year, which means you students can work on 10-40 events each year.
- The course is structured so that working professionals and students can both attend - lectures conducted in the evenings and live event internships also happen on weekends
- Great placement and internship record - just check out our Facebook.com/emdi.uae for more details. Excellent way to network in the events and media environment.
- Learn from the Industry, Work with the Industry, Placed in the Industry.
Event Management Related Questions
Unanswered //Jan 20, 2018 Event Management