- Locations: Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Duration: 2 Years
This programme provides students with a good understanding of the fundamental knowledge of entrepreneurship, the entrepreneurial process and skills required as entrepreneurs. It will focus on how to plan, start, manage and grow a business.
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- 5 credits in the relevant subjects and Pass in Bahasa Malaysia, English Language and Mathematics
- 5 grade C in the relevant subjects AND Pass in Mathematics and English Language.
- 3 grade B in the relevant subjects and Pass in one Mathematics subject and English
- Relevant TARC/ TAR UC Certificate or similar Certificate accredited by MQA.
- Introduction to Organisation & Management
- Introductory Business Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Principles of Business Accounting
- Web Page Design
- Information, Technology and Systems
- Entrepreneur Industrial Internship
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Basic Management Principles
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Principles of Retail Management
- Introduction to E-Commerce
- Fundamentals of Selling
- Business & Cyber Law
- Ethics for Business
- Entrepreneurial Practices
- Principles of Franchising
- Small Business Venture
- Elective I
- Elective II
- English Language, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette.
- Graduates of Diploma in Entrepreneurship can proceed to Year 2 of the TAR UC Bachelor of Business (Hons.) in Entrepreneurship programme on credit transfer.
- Graduates of this programme can also apply for admission into relevant bachelor degree programmes at TAR UC or other universities on credit transfer.
- Graduates of Diploma in Entrepreneurship may seek employment in varied types of businesses particularly that of small and medium sized enterprises. Such experiences are beneficial for potential entrepreneurs.
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses