The culinary sector continues to play an important role in generating income and employment for Malaysia. As the government continues to support in upgrading various infrastructure facilities to attract more tourist to Malaysia, the industry needs to focus on providing leading edge culinary facilities to complement local organizations in Malaysia, as well as foreign tourists and world-class companies.
This programme prepares students to develop artistic flair and provides the opportunity to practice their cooking skills in our well-equipped kitchen. It is designed to equip students with personal and professional skills crucial to succeed in the hospitality industry. Further to this, the programme also emphasizes on teamwork which is essential in order to work in a successful kitchen environment.
- Kitchen Chefs
- Kitchen Executives
- Food and Beverage Entrepreneur
- Food and Beverage Executives
- Catering Managers
- Graduates may be admitted into Year 2 of Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management (Honours).
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Marketing for Hospitality Management
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Food Commodities
- Fundamental Cooking and Larder
- Food and Beverage Service
- Food Management
- Hospitality Accounting
- Western Cuisine
- Asian Cuisine
- Catering System and Operation
- Garde Manger
- Industrial Attachment
- Food and Beverage Control
- Food Artistry
- Legal Aspect in Hospitality
- Restaurant Business Operation
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English Language, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, English for Communication, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Social and Work Etiquette, English for IELTS, Japanese Language I Or French Language I, Japanese Language II Or French Language II, Co-curricular
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses