The programme is designed to provide students with the fundamental knowledge and skills in sales and marketing
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- 5 credits in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language* and Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- 5 grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language
- 3 grade B in the relevant subjects which must include one Mathematics subject and English Language
- Relevant TARC/ TAR UC Certificate or similar Certificate accredited by MQA.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Introduction to Organisation & Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Introduction to E-Commerce
- Basic Management Principles
- Fundamentals of Selling
- Principles of Retail Management
- Services Marketing
- IS for Marketing & Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Business Law
- Marketing Research
- International Marketing
- Marketing Environment
- Ethics for Business
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing for Stakeholders
- English Language, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette.
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing) can proceed to Year 2 of the TAR UC Bachelor of Business (Hons.) in Marketing programme on credit transfer.
- Graduates of this programme can also apply for admission into relevant bachelor degree programmes at TAR UC or other universities on credit transfer.
- Graduates Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing) can seek employment in areas such as sales, market research, advertising and promotion, retail and distribution, international marketing, product development at the sub-professional level as well as self employment.
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses