- Locations: Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Duration: 2 Years
This programme is designed to produce graduates who have broad understanding of the logistics and supply chain management to meet the needs of industries. The knowledge and skills obtained will allow graduates to seek employment in any industry with logistics and supply chain management function.
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- 5 credits in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language* and Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- 5 grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language
- 3 grade B in the relevant subjects which must include one Mathematics subject and English Language
- Relevant TARC/ TAR UC Certificate or similar Certificate accredited by MQA.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Introduction to Organisation & Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Basic Management Principles
- Introduction to Logistics Operations
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Organisational Behaviour
- Supply Chain Planning & Scheduling
- Business Logistics Operations
- Warehousing & Inventory Management Fundamentals of Fundamentals of Finance
- Operations Management
- Purchasing Strategy for Inventory Reduction
- Transportation Management
- Distribution Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Business & Trade Law
- IT Applications
- Ethics for Business
- English Language, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette.
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Logistics & Supply Chain Management) can proceed to Year 2 of the TAR UC Bachelor of Business (Hons.) in Logistics and Supply Chain Management programme on credit transfer.
- Graduates of this programme can also apply for admission into relevant bachelor degree programmes at TAR UC or other universities on credit transfer.
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Logistics & Supply Chain Management) can seek employment in any industries with logistics functions such as transportations, manufacturing, engineering, trading, retailing etc at the sub-professional level.
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses