- Duration: 2 Years
This programme is designed for students to acquire the basic understanding of business administration and to develop the requisite administrative skills required in the job market. It provides opportunities to school leavers who wish to obtain a business administration qualification to embark on a business-related career. It also enables them to proceed to higher level of studies.
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- 5 credits in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language* and Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- 5 grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language
- 3 grade B in the relevant subjects which must include one Mathematics subject and English Language
- Relevant TARC/ TAR UC Certificate or similar Certificate accredited by MQA.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Introduction to Organisation and Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Organisational Behaviour
- Basic Management Principles
- Business Finance
- Commercial Law of Malaysia
- Business Economics
- Company Law
- Business Accounting
- Organisation Management and Strategy
- Fundamentals of Corporate Administration
- Managing Information Systems
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Ethics for Business
- English Language, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette.
Exemptions awarded by professional bodies:
- The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA)
Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Business Administration) can proceed to Year 2 of the TAR UC Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons.) or Bachelor of Corporate Administration (Hons.) programme on credit transfer.
Graduates of this programme can also apply for admission into relevant bachelor degree programmes at TAR UC or other universities on credit transfer.
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Business Administration) can seek employment at the sub-professional level in a wide variety of management and administrative positions both in the private and public sectors in the areas of business administration, business operation, human resource management, sales & marketing, business consultancy as well as self employment.
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses