- Locations: Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Duration: 2 Years
The curriculum of this programme focuses on the operation and management of banking institutions and the regulations governing the banking industry in Malaysia.
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- 5 credits in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language* and Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- 5 grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language
- 3 grade B in the relevant subjects which must include one Mathematics subject and English Language
- Relevant TARC/ TAR UC Certificate or similar Certificate accredited by MQA.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Introduction to Organisation & Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Principles of Investment
- Commercial Banking Operations
- Basic Taxation
- Commercial Banking Services
- Investment and Financial Analysis
- Managing People in Organisation
- Financial Accounting
- Bank Lending Assessment & Management
- Banking Securities
- Islamic Banking
- International Trade Finance
- Law Relating to Financial Services
- Customer Relationship Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- English Language, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette.
- Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (FPAM)
- Malaysian Financial Planning Council (MFPC)
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Banking & Finance) can secure employment in the banks and financial institutions in the area of credit processing, mortgage sales, treasury services and customer relations at the sub-professional level.
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses