- Price MYR 14,500
- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This programme provides students with broad base knowledge in financial accounting & reporting, management accounting, finance, economics, management, taxation, auditing, law and information technology & systems. It provides a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills necessary for a career in accountancy and finance at the semi-professional level as well as for graduates of this Diploma to further their education and training to be qualified professional accountants.
The Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting) has been accredited by professional bodies such as ACCA and CIMA.
Minimum Entry Requirement:
- 5 credits in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language* and Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- 5 grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics and English Language
- 3 grade B in the relevant subjects which must include one Mathematics subject and English Language
- Relevant TARC/ TAR UC Certificate or similar Certificate accredited by MQA.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Introduction to Organisation & Management
- Organisation & Human Resource
- Principles of Finance
- Financial Accounting
- Basic Taxation
- Business Economics
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting Framework
- Financial Management
- Business Law
- Business Software Packages
- Managing Information Systems
- Information for Control and Decision Making
- Corporate Law & Governance
- Principles of Auditing
- English Language, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette.
Exemptions awarded by professional bodies:
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting) can proceed to Year 2 of the TAR UC Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) or Bachelor of Business (Hons.) Accounting and Finance programme on credit transfer.
Graduates of this programme can also apply for admission into relevant bachelor degree programmes at TAR UC or other universities on credit transfer.
- Graduates of Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting) can find gainful employment in accounting, auditing, taxation, administration & finance in public practice, commerce and industry at the sub-professional level. This Diploma qualification will enable the graduates to support finance managers in any types of business.
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses