The HELP CAT Diploma in Business is a full-time programme that is carefully structured to suit students' capabilities, enhance their self development and allow them to perform effectively in the expanding and ever-changing business world. Apart from that, this Diploma is designed for those who wish to gain business understanding and learn business practices in the real world. The Diploma does not only offer immediate career opportunities upon completion, but also provides the foundation for pursuing an undergraduate business degree, either in specialized disciplines or in general paths, leading to broader career options in all areas of business. The HELP CAT Diploma in Business is an excellent platform for students to build on and further their studies in the 2nd or 3rd year of a business degree.
Below are the entry requirements for HELP CAT Diploma in Business:
- Minimum of 3 credits with a pass in BM, BI and History or their equivalent
Diploma in Business students will be required to undergo a 12 weeks' internship or industrial training in establishments in Malaysia. The credit value of this internship is 6 credits and is graded as part of the curriculum of the Diploma programme.
The objectives of internships are:
- Provide opportunities for students to apply theory to practical work situations.
- Acquire knowledge, skills and techniques directly applicable to their careers of choice.
- Develop attitudes and aptitudes conducive to effective interpersonal relationships.
- Understand formal and informal organization functions, activities and their interrelationships.
- Encourage the development of a critical mind that enhances the analysis and synthesis of data for problem-solving and objective judgement of persons and situations.
- Enhance student employability and, in the process, build better links between HELP CAT, and the corporate, business and industrial sectors.
- English 1
- Introduction to Accounting
- Pengajian Malaysia/ Bahasa Komunikasi
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Economics
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Introduction to Entrepreneurial Behaviour
- English 2
- Marketing Principles
- Business Information Systems
- Comparative Religion
- Management Principle
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting, Decision And Accountability
- Business Finance
- Work & Organisation
- Communication & The Media
- Community Services
- Introduction to Law
- Business Economics
- 1 Elective
- 1 Elective
- 1 Elective
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Communication Management
- Operations Management
- International Environment
- Decision Support ManagementEntry
About Help University
Since 1986 we have grown steadily and sturdily. We have sustained our student number and ensured a robust financial position. We have distinguished ourselves by excelling as a thought leader, an incubator of outstanding graduates, a model of selective excellence, and as a community-caring institution.
All these years our educational goals have been to prepare students for their first job graduate school, to prepare students for their subsequent career and to prepare students for a fulfilling and productive life. The drives of our vision are our values which are based on “Pride Of Achievement, Sharing Success, The Courage to Be, To Be compassionate, and To be Significant”See all Help University courses