- Location: Novena - Central
- Duration: up to 30 months
- Providing an educational foundation for a range of careers in 3D Design
- Providing opportunities for students to gain an internationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in 3D Design or progress to higher education vocational qualifications
- Developing the knowledge, understanding and skills of students in the field of 3D Design
- Providing opportunities for students to focus on the development of higher-level skills in a 3D Design context
- Providing opportunities for students to develop a range of skills and techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
1. Synthesis of a range of concepts, knowledge and skills relating to 3D Design
2. Application of complex theories to practical, realistic work situations in the 3D Design sector
3. Independence of approach to study and the generation of 3D Design evidence
4. Ability to engage with complex and/or unpredictable situations in the 3D Design contexts
5. Ability to take responsibility to manage and direct their own and others' activities
6. Insight and judgement in relation to the margins and consequences of error
7. Research and investigative skills
8. Responsiveness to change and ability to multi-task
9. Ability to innovate and work in a creative way
10. Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as effectively as a member of a team.
Class size: Maximum 35 for lectures, Maximum 17 per class for practical and tutorial lessons
To be awarded the Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma, the student must meet the criteria below:
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in 3D Design is a 240-credit qualification that consist five (5) mandatory units plus specialist units that provide for a combined total of 240 credits. The rules for combination for this qualification are as specified as follows:
1. Qualification credit value: a minimum of 240 credits.
2. Minimum credits to be achieved at the level of the qualification (level 5): 125 credits
- Chinese Senior Secondary Year 3
- SMU 3
- GCE 'A' Levels 2 passes
- ITE Higher NITEC 2.5
- STPM 2 passes
- Vietnam Grade 12
- Any other equivalent qualification
- Applicants with foreign qualifications equivalent to the above may be admitted provided they are proficient in the English Language, and possess
1. IELTS 5.0 or equivalent qualifications AND
2. a Pass in English Proficiency Assessment Test determined by the college.
* Those without IELTS 5.0 are required to attend an English Course at a fee.
The Pearson BTEC Higher National qualifications are accredited on the QCF for learners aged 18 and above.
More mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience of paid and/or unpaid employment and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
The course is modular in nature, the units may be delivered in any sequence.
The course is mainly conducted in the classroom via face-to-face learning which encourages student-teacher interaction. Students are encouraged to attend field trips and bazaars organised by the school to encourage experiential learning.
In-course assessments will be conducted only. In-course assessments may include report, design journal, oral presentation, drawings, models and project etc.
About Beacon International College
Beacon International College (formerly known as Beacon School of Technology) is a private education institution which is registered (ERF) with the Council for Private Education (CPE) in Singapore. Beacon has been approved for 4 years enhanced registration (200606284M- valid from 03/06/2014 to 02/06/2018).
It is set up to provide quality education to students who aspire to pursue a career in Information Technology, Hospitality, Business or Design.
Beacon's management team consists of former lecturers with more than 30 years of industrial and teaching experiences and senior executives who are qualified in their own areas of expertise. Together the management team possesses the breadth and depth of experience in academia, industry, business and corporate governance.
Beacon's lecturers are highly qualified professionals. A Number of them hold the Masters degrees.See all Beacon International College courses