Introduction to digital image processing. Digital image fundamentals. Intensity transformations and spatial filtering. Filtering in frequency domain. Image restoration and reconstruction. Color image processing. Image compression. Image segmentation.
- CSC 226 Object Oriented Programming, MATH 210 Elementary Linear Algebra and MATH 221 Applied Statistics I.
After successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain digital image representation, image sampling and quantization, and basic relationship between pixels. [ABET a,i].
- Explain, use and apply intensity transformations and spatial filtering techniques. [ABET a,i].
- Explain, use and apply frequency-domain filters. [ABET a,i].
- Explain, use and apply image restoration and reconstruction techniques. [ABET a,i]
- Explain color image processing techniques. [ABET a, i].
- Explain image compression techniques. [ABET a,i].
- Explain image segmentation techniques. [ABET a,i].
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses