Course detailsThe Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Diploma Course begins by outlining what DBT is, why and how it was developed (including a little about its creator, Marsha M Linehan), and how it is used. From this foundational knowledge, You will quickly gain an understanding of the therapy and the benefits of learning and using DBT Skills.
The course looks at the causes and reasons for emotional suffering and how ineffective behaviours develop. You will gain a greater understanding of Emotion Dysregulation, including physical reasons that it may occur and how it can affect a person's personal and professional life.
Taking you step-by-step through DBT's modular treatment program, You will learn how and why it is structured in the way it is, along with the various issues that Dialectical Behaviour Therapy can alleviate. Part of this explanation will take you through the four stages that you can go through when learning DBT.
You will learn some of the general guidelines and goals of undertaking DBT. You will discover the ways in which Dialectical Behaviour Therapy differs to other forms of therapy and how it can be added to other wellness programs. The course also highlights some issues to consider when learning about this therapy.
Along with providing a lot of introductory information on DBT, you are also provided with a first-day crash course orientation, to get you involved with the practice quickly. From this, You will learn skills that help with Emotion Regulation and will be more able to create goals for yourself to reach while studying the course.
The course expands on your knowledge by providing an analytical tool that will assist you in determining the causes of negative behaviours. This method breaks down each event that occurs before, during, and after the problem behaviour arises - giving you the full scope of how it occurred.
It is important to gain a good comprehension of Mindfulness as it provides the foundation for other skills involved in DBT. Trying to practice these other skills without also practising Mindfulness can be difficult, so a detailed explanation of the mindfulness is provided, which also includes worksheets so that you can practice what you've learned.
From learning Emotion Regulation Skills, you will better understand emotions and the methods used to change them. As part of this, you will be able to name emotions, check facts to see if an emotion fits a situation, and how to use Problem Solving to change feelings.
A challenging behaviour to change is how you react to difficult circumstances, in the moment. The Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Diploma Course teaches Distress Tolerances Skills that will help you to help alleviate suffering while you are in the moment - making these occurrences easier to handle.
This course will show you how to improve your Interpersonal Effectiveness Skills through DBT - creating, maintaining, and navigating relationships effectively. You will also learn Walking the Middle Path Skills, which is a set of 3 skills that help you manage yourself and your relationships at the same time.
To augment what you have learnt, the Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Diploma Course explains how to conduct a typical session between individuals. The course also provides two patient examples and a review of the issues that can occur during group sessions, and how, as a group leader, you should handle them.
- Module 1 - DBT Overview
- Module 2 - Biosocial Theory and How Emotion Dysregulation Develops
- Module 3 - Rationale for DBTs Structure
- Module 4 - Different DBT Skills Learning Environments
- Module 5 - Filling Your Toolbox
- Module 6 - Analysing Problem Behaviour
- Module 7 - DBT Mindfulness Skills
- Module 8 - Emotion Regulation
- Module 9 - Distress Tolerance Skills
- Module 10 - Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Module 11 - Typical Individual Sessions and Possible Group Issues for Leaders
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs