- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 4 Days
This course provides the skills required to plan and implement Data Facility Storage Management Subsystem (DFSMS). A step-by-step implementation strategy, emphasizing coexistence considerations, is reinforced by hands-on labs. In the hands-on labs, students will be creating constructs as well as coding ACS routines. This milestone approach includes managing temporary and permanent data sets. The course also discusses exploitation of functions provided by DFSMS as the installation evolves to the DFSMS environment.
This is an intermediate course is for personnel responsible for developing and implementing effective storage management techniques using DFSMS.
You should take the following courses or quivalent knowledge may be substituted for these courses.
- An Introduction to Data Storage Subsystems (SS05G)
- Storage Management Fundamentals (SS06G) or Storage Management Fundamentals (SK06G)
- It is recommended that the student have programming experience which will aid in the writing of the ACS routines.
- Unit 1 - Course introduction and DFSMS overview Lab 1 - ISMF
- Lab 1 - Review
- Unit 2 - Activating SMS
- Lab 2 - Activating SMS with minimal configuration
- Lab 2 - Review
- Unit 3 - Writing ACS routines
- Unit 4 - Managing temporary data sets Lab 3 - Managing temporary data sets
- Lab 3 - Review
- Unit 5 - Exploiting DFSMS
- Unit 6 - Managing permanent data sets
- Lab 4 - Managing permanent data set
- Lab 4 - Review
- Unit 7 - Using NaviQuest
- Unit 8 - Device preparation and data movement Lab 5 - Volume and data set conversion to SMS Lab 5 - Review
- Unit 9 - Controlling DFSMS Lab 6 - System operations
- Unit 10 - Additional considerations
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses