- Duration 16 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
This instructor-led course introduces students to the tools available in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 development environment.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify key features of developing with X++.
- Describe the basic foundation of object-oriented programming.
- Use the development tools available within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Create object and data models from existing application elements by using the Reverse Engineering tool.
- Use best practices to instill good programming habits.
- Declare and use extended data types for variables.
- Use the various operators available in X++.
- Control program flow using conditional statements in X++.
- Repetitively call the same blocks of code by using Loop statements.
- Use standard functions that are built in to the application.
- Use output commands to display data and messages to the user.
- Use the classes within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 X++ development.
- Control access to methods using Access Control Method Modifiers.
- Extend a class using the concept of inheritance.
- Describe the differences between an object and a class.
- Initialize variables in the appropriate place according to scoping rules.
- Call methods within the same class.
- Use the different method types available.
- Describe the similarities and differences between tables and classes.
- Use the eventing publisher and subscriber model when modifying code in the application.
- Retrieve data from the database using a select statement.
- Create, update and delete data in the database.
- Use and build queries using kernel classes.
- Examine the exception handling mechanism in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Use the Try, Catch, and Retry statements.
- Throw an exception from code.
- Identify and create code used to handle optimistic concurrency exceptions.
- Set permissions on application elements.
- Design and create security policies.
- Secure unsafe Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) using the Code Access Security framework.
- Authenticate data returned from display methods.
- working experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and some knowledge of technical features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 architecture and development environment.
- completed Course 80303A, Development I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Module 1: Introduction to X++This module introduces the students to the characteristics of X++.
- Module 2: X++ Control StatementsThis module explains how to use control statements in X++.
- Module 3: Classes and Objects
- Module 4: Accessing the DatabaseThis module explains how to develop modifications that interact with the database.
- Module 5: Exception Handling
- Module 6: Security for Developers
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses