In this course, students will learn how to design and develop services that access local and remote data from various data sources. Students will also learn how to develop and deploy services to hybrid environments, including on-premises servers and Windows Azure. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-487.
- Module 1: Overview of service and cloud technologiesThis module provides an overview of service and cloud technologies using the Microsoft .NET Framework and the Windows Azure cloud.
- Module 2: Querying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
- Module 3: Creating and Consuming ASP.NET Web API ServicesThis module describes HTTP-based services that are developed, hosted, and consumed by using ASP.NET Web API.
- Module 4: Extending and Securing ASP.NET Web API ServicesThis module describes in detail the ASP.NET Web API architecture and how you can extend and secure ASP.NET Web API services.
- Module 5: Creating WCF Services
- Module 6: Hosting Services
- Module 7: Windows Azure Service Bus
- Module 8: Deploying ServicesThis module describes different techniques for deploying web applications.
- Module 9: Windows Azure Storage
- Module 10: Monitoring and DiagnosticsThis module describes how to perform monitoring and diagnostics in Windows Azure services.
- Module 11: Identity Management and Access ControlThis module describes the basic principles of modern identity handling and demonstrates how to use infrastructures such as Windows Azure Access Control Service (ACS) to implement authentication and authorization with claims-based identity in Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Module 12: Scaling ServicesThis module describes the ways in which you can ensure services can handle increasing workloads and user demand.
- Module 13: Appendix A: Designing and Extending WCF Services
- Module 14: Appendix B: Implementing Security in WCF Services
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses