- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
In this course, students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms applications using .NET Framework 4 tools and technologies. The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that students know when each should/could be used. This will also prepare the student for exam 70-515.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the underlying architecture and design of a Web application.
- Apply best practices and make appropriate trade-offs based on business requirements when designing a Web application.
- Develop MVC models.
- Develop MVC controllers.
- Develop MVC views.
- Optimize the design of a Web application for discoverability by search engines.
- Write server-side code for Web Forms.
- Optimize data management for Web Forms.
- Ensure quality by debugging, unit testing, and refactoring.
- Secure a Web application.
- Apply Master Pages and CSS for a consistent application UI.
- Develop client-side scripts and services for a responsive, rich, and interactive UI.
- Implement advanced AJAX in a Web application.
- Deploy a Web application.
- Develop a Web application by using Silverlight.
- Module 1: Overview of Web Application DesignThis module describes the underlying architecture and design of a Web application.
- Module 2: Designing a Web ApplicationThis module describes the best practices and trade-offs that you need to make when designing a Web application.
- Module 3: Developing MVC ModelsThis module describes the MVC development model (Models, Controllers, and Views) and how to create the Models that are used to access and modify the data in a data source.
- Module 4: Developing MVC ControllersThis module describes how to create the Controllers that are used to respond to communications from the user and how to implement the application flow and logic.
- Module 5: Developing MVC Views
- Module 6: Designing for DiscoverabilityThis module describes how to implement the navigational design and also how discoverability will be achieved through content keywords and page URLs.
- Module 7: Writing Server-Side Code for Web Forms
- Module 8: Optimizing Data Management for Web FormsThis module describes how to optimize and display data management tasks for a Web Forms-based application using Dynamic Data, Data Binding, LinqToEntities, server side controls, and server-side code.
- Module 9: Ensuring Quality by Debugging, Unit Testing, and Refactoring
- Module 10: Securing a Web Application
- Module 11: Applying Master Pages and CSS
- Module 12: Developing Client Side Scripts and ServicesThis module described how to develop client-side scripts and services for a responsive, rich, and interactive application UI.
- Module 13: Implementing Advanced AJAX in a Web ApplicationThis module describes the programmatic side of AJAX enabled controls (as well as extending server controls to include AJAX functionality) on a Web Forms page as well as implementing AJAX on a MVC page.
- Module 14: Deploying a Web ApplicationThis module describes how to plan, configure, and perform deployment tasks associated with a production Web site. The module also describes the Web site lifecycle as it pertains to deployment.
- Module 15: Developing a Web Application by Using SilverlightThis module introduce students to Silverlight by having them integrate a Silverlight module into an existing ASP.NET application. Students will learn how to add a Silverlight project to an existing solution, leverage the existing Web application by calling a WCF service, and display the information in Silverlight.
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses