- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course teaches you the main features of the Decision Server Insights component of IBM Operational Decision Manager Advanced V8.7. Decision Server Insights enables real-time, in-memory, rule-based, event-driven, and analytical decision making. You experience how to use analytics, time-based reasoning, and location-based reasoning to build a real-world solution that detects and responds to business situations. You also learn the key capabilities of Decision Server Insight's multi-agent architecture by developing several agents that are bound to a single entity for different purposes.
This course focuses on solution development, deployment, and testing. You learn how to implement the business logic that detects business situations and uses situational context to decide and take the next best action.
The course begins with an overview of the programming model for Decision Server Insights and the architecture for the Decision Server Insights runtime environment. You learn key terminology such as event, entity, agent, and aggregate. You learn about the analytic capabilities that provide the foundation for decisions results.
You also learn how to design a Decision Server Insights solution, model the business entities and events that you care about, and implement the business logic. You work with a realistic test client to test the behavior of your implementation after deployment.
This intermediate course is designed for developers.
You should have:
- Experience with the Java programming language and object-oriented concepts
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Basic knowledge of WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile
- Course introduction
- Introducing IBM Decision Server Insights V8.7
- Exercise: Getting started with Decision Server Insights
- Designing Decision Server Insights solutions
- Exercise: Creating a solution in Insight Designer
- Creating the business model
- Exercise: Defining the business model
- Authoring the business logic
- Exercise: Creating a rule agent
- Exercise: Writing and testing rules
- Exercise: Using global aggregates in rules
- Exercise: Using event aggregates in rules
- Exercise: Using time-based and location-based reasoning in rules
- Exercise: Testing for the absence of events
- Deploying solutions
- Exercise: Deploying solutions
- Testing solutions
- Modeling and defining connectivity
- Exercise: Defining connectivity for a solution
- Integrating Decision Server Insights
- Course summary
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses