- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
This instructor-led course introduces developers to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8. In this course, you learn the concepts and skills that you need to design, develop, and integrate a business rule solution with WebSphere Operational Decision Management.
The course begins with an overview of Operational Decision Management, which is composed of two main environments: IBM WebSphere Decision Server for technical users, and IBM WebSphere Decision Center for business users. The course outlines the collaboration between development and business teams during project development. Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of IBM WebSphere Decision Server, which is the primary working environment for developers. You design a business rule application, and work with the object models that are required to author and execute rule artifacts. You also get experience with rule execution and the rule engine API so that you can integrate rule artifacts for execution within an enterprise environment.
In addition, you become familiar with rule authoring so that you can support business users to set up and customize the authoring, validation, and management environments. You learn how to identify governance issues and use Operational Decision Management features to support decision governance.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows XP platform.
This intermediate course is designed for application developers.
- Describe the benefits of implementing an Operational Decision Management solution
- Identify the key user roles that are involved in designing and developing an Operational Decision Management solution, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Describe the development process of building a business rule application and the collaboration between the business and development teams
- Set up the Business Object Model (BOM) and vocabulary for rule authoring
- Create the Execution Object Model (XOM) that enables rule execution
- Orchestrate rule execution through ruleflows
- Author the rule artifacts to implement business policies
- Search and query rule artifacts for analysis and review
- Debug business rule applications to ensure that the implemented business logic is error-free
- Enable business rule management in Decision Center for business users
- Set up and customize the testing environment for business users
- Integrate developed rule artifacts for execution within an enterprise environment
- Build efficient and easy-to-maintain business rule client applications
- Explain governance issues and identify Operational Decision Management features that support decision governance and lifecycle management
You should have:
- Experience with the Java programming language
- Experience with Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE)
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses