- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led course introduces developers to IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5. In this course, you learn the concepts and skills that you need to design, develop, and integrate a business rule solution with Operational Decision Manager.
The course begins with an overview of Operational Decision Manager, which is composed of two main environments: IBM Decision Server for technical users and IBM Decision Center for business users. The course outlines the collaboration between development and business teams during project development.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of Decision Server, which is the primary working environment for developers. You design a business rule application, and work with the object models that are required to author and execute rule artifacts. You gain experience with rule deployment and execution within various types of client applications. You work extensively with Rule Execution Server and learn how you can integrate decision services within an enterprise environment.
In addition, you become familiar with rule authoring so that you can support business users to set up and customize the rule authoring and validation environments. You also learn how to identify governance issues and use Operational Decision Manager features to support decision governance.
The lab environment for this course uses Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition.
This course is designed for application developers.
- Course introduction
- Introducing IBM
- Operational Decision Manager V8.5-
- Operational Decision Manager: Business rulesExercise:
- Operational Decision Manager in action- Programming with business rulesExercise: Setting up rule projects
- object models
- Exercise: Working with the BOM
- Exercise: Refactoring Orchestrating ruleset execution
- Exercise: Working with ruleflows Authoring rules
- Exercise: Exploring action rules
- Exercise: Authoring action rulesExercise: Authoring decision tables and decision trees
- Customizing rule vocabulary with categories and domains
- Exercise: Working with static domains
- Exercise: Working with dynamic domains
- Queries and ruleset extraction
- Exercise: Queries and ruleset extraction
- Debugging rules- Exercise: Executing rules locally
- Exercise: Debugging a ruleset
- Enabling tests and sim
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses