- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
This instructor-led course introduces application developers to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management modules for developing rule-based solutions.
Through lectures and exercises, you learn the concepts, components, architecture, processes, and procedures that they need to develop an integrated business rule solution with IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5.
In this course, you learn how to: Set up a business rule application Develop the object models that are required to author and execute rule artifacts Author, debug, and query the rule artifacts that are required to implement enterprise business policies Integrate developed rule artifacts within an enterprise environment Identify rule governance issues Work collaboratively with business users Enable business users to independently maintain or develop rule artifacts Enable business users to perform tests and simulations to validate developed rule artifacts
In the exercises, you apply their acquired knowledge and skills to develop business rule projects, enable business rule management and validation by business users, and integrate a business rule solution.
This is a very interactive course, where you work in teams to perform lab exercises.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows XP SP3 platform.
This course is for application developers.
You should have:
- Experience with the Java programming language
- Experience with Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE)
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Explain the benefits of implementing Operational Decision Management
- Explain how business rules and business events work together
- Describe the process of building a rule application with IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5
- Design business rule projects
- Design business object models that are used to write rule artifacts
- Design execution object models on which rule artifacts are executed
- Orchestrate how rule artifacts in rule projects are executed
- Search for or query rule artifacts
- Ensure that the implemented business logic is error-free
- Enable business users to manage rule artifacts
- Enable business users to perform tests and simulations with rule artifacts
- Integrate developed rule artifacts for execution within an enterprise environment
- Build efficient and easy-to-maintain business rule client applications
- Apply best practices for rule governance
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses