- Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is designed to develop multichannel applications with IBM Web Experience Factory. IBM Web Experience Factory supercharges application development with tools and technology for creating, customizing, deploying, and maintaining portlets, widgets, and web and rich clients. This course is designed to help students develop the skills that are needed to create and assemble multichannel applications easily and rapidly by using Web Experience Factory, formerly known as WebSphere Portlet Factory.
On of the course, students are introduced to Web Experience Factory through an overview of developing multichannel applications for desktop browsers, smartphones, and tablets, and then begin by using Web Experience Factory to create a simple application. More in-depth, hands-on experience is offered on Day 2 of the course, during which students create a simple, data-driven application, and a desktop application. On Day 3, mobile and multichannel enhancements are explored through discussion and hands-on activities.
The target audience for this intermediate course is web developers from various backgrounds, such as Java™; Java Platform, Enterprise Edition; and Microsoft .NET.
You must be proficient in developing web-based applications in any programming language. An intermediate knowledge of WebSphere Portal and Java/Java Platform, Enterprise Edition is also required.
- Overview of Web Experience Factory and multichannel applications
- Getting started with Web Experience Factory
- Exercise: Hello World!
- Creating a simple, data-driven application
- Exercise: Creating a simple, data-driven application
- Implementing application patterns
- Exercise: Creating an application for pattern-based development
- Creating a desktop application
- Exercise: Creating a desktop application
- Controlling and customizing the user interface
- Exercise: Customizing theme of a desktop application
- Accessing and transforming data
- Exercise: Creating a customized theme for the desktop application
- Adding mobile capabilities to an application
- Exercise: Enabling mobile features
- Adding multichannel behavior to your application
- Exercise: Using profiles to add multichannel behavior to your application
- Adding mobile-specific features
- Exercise: Adding geolocation to applications
- Describe client-side architecture and Dojo Mobile
- Exercise: Adding client-side application model
- Advanced profiling
- Exercise: Adding role-based profiling to an application
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and error handling
- Exercise: Troubleshooting and debugging a simple application
- Using Web Experience Factory in multi-person teams
- Building hybrid applications to use device-specific features
- Course summary
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses