- Duration: 3 Days
PLEASE NOTE: This course is also available as an Instructor Led Online Course, Developing Mobile Web 2.0 Applications for WebSphere Application Server V8 (ILO) (VD470GB). Please note this option does not require any travel.
This instructor-led course teaches software developers how to build rich, interactive web applications for deployment on desktop and mobile browsers.
Hands-on lab exercises throughout the course offer students the opportunity to use IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software to build, test, and deploy mobile web applications to the Ajax test server and to IBM WebSphere Application Server V8. The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform.
- Identify usage patterns for mobile web applications
- Describe the characteristics of the various types of mobile applications
- Describe how HTML5 supports the development of cross-platform applications
- Use the form elements of HTML5
- Include multimedia audio and video elements within an HTML5 web page
- Code graphical elements with the HTML5 canvas element
- Develop web pages that work in offline mode
- Store information locally with web storage
- Use the geolocation API to provide location-based services
- Build web pages for mobile devices with dojox.mobile themes and widgets
Students should have:
Some background in website development with HTML or enterprise web development Some familiarity with the Eclipse-based Rational development tools
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses