This instructor-led course introduces SQL Server 2012 and describes logical table design, indexing and query plans. It also focusses on the creation of database objects including views, stored procedures, along with parameters, and functions. Other common aspects of procedure coding, such as transactions, concurrency, error handling, triggers, and SQL CLR are also covered in this course.
- Determine appropriate data types to be used when designing tables, convert data between data types, and create alias data types.
- Be aware of good design practices regarding SQL Server tables and be able to create tables using T-SQL. (Note: partitioned tables are not covered).
- Implement primary key, foreign key, default, check and unique constraints, and investigate cascading foreign key constraints.
- Determine appropriate single column and composite indexes strategies.
- Create tables as heaps and tables with clustered indexes. Also consider the design of a table and suggest an appropriate structure.
- Read and interpret details of common elements from execution plans.
- Design effective non-clustered indexes.
- Design and implement views
- Design and implement stored procedures.
- Work with table types, table valued parameters and use the MERGE statement to create stored procedures that update data warehouses.
- Design and implement functions, both scalar and table-valued. (Also describe where they can lead to performance issues).
- Perform basic investigation of a deadlock situation and learn how transaction isolation levels affect application concurrency.
- Use both traditional T-SQL error handling code and structured exception handling.
- Design and implement DML triggers
- Learn appropriate uses for SQL CLR integration and implement an existing .NET assembly within SQL Server.
- Store XML data and schemas in SQL Server.
- Perform basic queries on XML data in SQL Server.
- Work with the GEOGRAPHY and GEOMETRY data types
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2012 and its Toolset
- Module 2: Working with Data Types
- Module 3: Designing and Implementing Tables
- Module 4: Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Module 5: Planning for SQL Server 2012 Indexing
- Module 6: Implementing Table Structures in SQL Server 2012
- Module 7: Reading SQL Server 2012 Execution Plans
- Module 8: Improving Performance through Nonclustered Indexes
- Module 9: Designing and Implementing Views
- Module 10: Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Module 11: Merging Data and Passing Tables
- Module 12: Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Module 13: Creating Highly Concurrent SQL Server 2012 Applications
- Module 14: Handling Errors in T-SQL Code
- Module 15: Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
- Module 16: Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server 2012
- Module 17: Storing XML Data in SQL Server 2012
- Module 18: Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- Module 19: Working with SQL Server 2012 Spatial Data
- Module 20: Working with Full-Text Indexes and Queries
About Computek Training Center
It is the first and largest provider of computer software and hardware training in Egypt.
We_They is fast growing training provider over 20 years of experience in the delivery of computer training.
Our organization is dedicated to provide education excellence to meet the needs of each technology, simultaneously, as customer expand designed solutions to meet his particular organization's business needs.
Also Compuek is aimed by great companies and institutions for training their human resources looking for their progress and growth, and to make HR learn this promising technology at that time. For 20 years, the center is supplying the career market by highly qualified HR members who having broad minded, acquired with high technique and capable to work on the most difficult systems by all easiness and facility.
Computek is distinguished by its remote sighted management that enjoyed advanced thinking and firmness in order to enable the trainees to get as much training as possible by easy and simple way and in fine, splendid, and very organized training halls acquired with high capability PCs that are continuously upgraded to maintain high performance.See all Computek Training Center courses