- Duration: 35 Hours
- Timings 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Center Benefits - Microsoft Courses :
• Microsoft Gold Partner for Learning Solutions
• Microsoft Official Curriculum
• Microsoft Certified Trainers
• Certificate of Attendance from Microsoft
• Computer Labs: 1 PC for each student
• UAE Ministry of Education Accredited Institute
• Certificate of Achievement (Ministry Attestation fees apply)
• Corporate Venue: Onsite or at SitesPower
• Microsoft Exam Pass Guarantee
• Limited Promotions :
- Free Corporate Training with Microsoft SA Vouchers
This 5-day instructor-led course introduces SQL Server 2012 and describes logical table design, indexing and query plans. It also focusses on the creation of database objects including views, stored procedures, along with parameters, and functions. Other common aspects of procedure coding, such as transactions, concurrency, error handling, triggers, and SQL CLR are also covered in this course. Also this course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-464
All the labs for this course can be performed using the provided virtual machines. However, if you have a Microsoft Windows Azure account and the classroom virtual machines connect to the internet you may be able to connect to your Azure server and database from the classroom. Many of the labs in this course are enabled for you to perform the lab while connected to your own Azure database in the cloud. Your instructor should be able to provide a current list of Azure enabled labs.
Below are the some of the new features of SQL Server that has been discussed in this course
- Use of SC collations
- Use of TRY_PARSE, TRY_CONVERT
- Detailed discussion on IDENTITY constraints
- Working with SEQUENCES
- Slight course reordering to improve overall flow
- Use of THROW and comparisons to RAISERROR
- Full-globe and arc support in spatial
- Customizable nearness in full-text
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2012 product features and technologies for implementing a database.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
•Introduce the entire SQL Server platform and its major tools. It will cover editions, versions, basics of network listeners, and concepts of services and service accounts.
•Determine appropriate data types to be used when designing tables, convert data between data types, and create alias data types.
•Be aware of good design practices regarding SQL Server tables and be able to create tables using T-SQL. (Note: partitioned tables are not covered).
•Implement PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, DEFAULT, CHECK and UNIQUE constraints, and investigate cascading FOREIGN KEY constraints.
•Determine appropriate single column and composite indexes strategies.
•Create tables as heaps and tables with clustered indexes. Also consider the design of a table and suggest an appropriate structure.
•Read and interpret details of common elements from execution plans.
•Design effective non-clustered indexes.
•Design and implement views
•Design and implement stored procedures.
•Work with table types, table valued parameters and use the MERGE statement to create stored procedures that update data warehouses.
•Design and implement functions, both scalar and table-valued. (Also describe where they can lead to performance issues).
•Perform basic investigation of a deadlock situation and learn how transaction isolation levels affect application concurrency.
•Use both traditional T-SQL error handling code and structured exception handling.
•Design and implement DML triggers
•Learn appropriate uses for SQL CLR integration and implement an existing .NET assembly within SQL Server.
•Store XML data and schemas in SQL Server.
•Perform basic queries on XML data in SQL Server.
•Work with the GEOGRAPHY and GEOMETRY data types
•Implement and query a full-text index.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Knowledge of writing T-SQL queries.
- Knowledge of basic relational database concepts.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
10774A: Writing T-SQL Queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2012 and its Toolset
- Module 2: Working with Data Types
- Module 3: Designing and Implementing Tables
- Module 4: Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Module 5: Planning for SQL Server 2012 Indexing
- Module 6: Implementing Table Structures in SQL Server 2012
- Module 7: Reading SQL Server 2012 Execution Plans
- Module 8: Improving Performance through Nonclustered Indexes
- Module 9: Designing and Implementing Views
- Module 10: Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Module 11: Merging Data and Passing Tables
- Module 12: Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Module 13: Creating Highly Concurrent SQL Server 2012 Applications
- Module 14: Handling Errors in T-SQL Code
- Module 15: Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
- Module 16: Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server 2012
- Module 17: Storing XML Data in SQL Server 2012
- Module 18: Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- Module 19: Working with SQL Server 2012 Spatial Data
- Module 20: Working with Full-Text Indexes and Queries
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses