- Duration: 40 Hours
This course provides SharePoint developers the information needed to implement SharePoint solutions using Enterprise Search, Managed Metadata Service (MMS), Business Connectivity Services (BCS), Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Web Content Management (WCM), Social Computing features and SharePoint Apps.
- Module 1: Creating Robust and Efficient Apps for SharePoint
- Module 2: Developing Managed Metadata SolutionsIn this module you will see metadata objects and how they are used to categorize items so that you can learn how to work with them in code. You will also see how to use the advanced features of terms and manage permissions and roles. In this way you can provide a full set of terms that users can tag content with.
- Module 3: Interacting with the Search ServiceThe module provides an overview of the search service architecture in SharePoint 2013 as it relates to developers, before describing how to construct queries using Keyword Query Language (KQL) and FAST Query Language (FQL) and submit these queries to the search service.Lessons
- Module 4: Customizing the Search ExperienceIn this module you will create and modify queries as well as manage search results.
- Module 5: Implementing Enterprise Content ManagementIn this module, you will work with SharePoint document management features in code.
- Module 6: Developing a Publishing Site for Web ContentIn this module, you will learn how to utilize develop web content solutions for publishing sites.
- Module 7: Structuring and Publishing Websites for All UsersThis module will focus on providing you with the knowledge to build web sites that are mobile device friendly, support multiple language and with proper navigation. This will be accomplished by introducing you to SharePoint features including device channels, managed navigation and variations.
- Module 8: Developing Optimized Internet SitesIn this module, you will learn how to optimize your site for Internet search engines, and maximize the performance of rendering your site content.
- Module 9: Working with Business Connectivity ServicesIn this module, you will learn how to develop Business Connectivity Services (BCS) solutions.
- Module 10: Creating Advanced Business Data Connectivity ModelsThis module will explore how to create custom search connectors using several different methodologies and lastly, you will learn the advanced topic of the new SharePoint 2013 external event notification feature to support SharePoint list features such as alerts and event receivers when external data changes.
- Module 11: Working with Business Data In Client ApplicationsBCS provides a framework to access via a wide array of protocols such as WCF and OData services to a myriad of external data sources, ranging from data stored in databases to custom proprietary data stores. In this module you will work with Business Data in both custom and composite solutions.
- Module 12: Managing and Accessing User Profile DataIn this module, you will review key aspects of the user profile service, and see how you can write client-side and server-side code to access, update and manage user profile properties.
- Module 13: Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced SolutionsIn this module, you will see some of the social features in SharePoint 2013, and you will see how you can develop apps which extend and customize the social workload; tailoring the experience for your business needs.
- Module 14: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Custom SharePoint SolutionsThis module will introduce methods that you can use to improve the performance and scalability of solutions and apps.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses