- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 4 Days
This instructor-led course introduces application developers to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8 modules for developing event-based solutions.
Through instructor-led presentations, hands-on lab exercises, and a case study, students learn about the WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8 concepts, processes, and procedures that are needed to develop and implement an integrated business event solution. The course begins by introducing students to an architectural and technical overview of WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8. Subsequent units and exercises cover how to develop business event solutions by using Event Designer to define event rules, action, and business objects. Students learn the characteristics of business rules and event rules, and build an event project with information technology assets. The course also covers technology connectors, deployment, and integrating rules with event projects. Students learn how to use the event test widget in Business Space to test application logic, and build their own dashboard for monitoring business events. Finally, students learn the fundamental concepts of governance so that they can support lifecycle control.
In the hands-on lab exercises provided throughout the course, students create business event projects, and deploy and test a solution that uses the core features of IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows XP Professional SP3 platform.
This advanced course is designed for application developers.
- Explain the benefits of IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management
- Describe the architecture of IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Managemen
- Describe the design process of building an event application with IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Managemen
- Use Event Designer to build business event projects
- Author the event artifacts that are required to implement a business event process
- Deploy and test business event applications
- Build a customized dashboard for monitoring business events
- Describe the event runtime engine
- Describe troubleshooting
- Describe the support for governance
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses