- Duration: 3 Days
This instructor-led course builds on the knowledge and skills developed in Developing Applications in IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules BRMS V7.1 (WB307) (VB307) or (ZB307). It is designed to expand the ruleset design skills of application developers who are experienced with the IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules business rule management system (BRMS).
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, students learn the concepts, components, processes, and procedures necessary to design rulesets in various cases. The course explains how to take full advantage of the business or execution object models, as well as how to customize, configure, and optimize rulesets to achieve acceptable performance in the execution environment. Students learn how to design and work with business object models (BOMs), use various types of BOM to XOM mapping, and design and work with various types of execution object models (XOMs). They also learn how to enhance their rule authoring experience by configuring the Rule Studio and Rule Team Server modules of JRules BRMS. This configuration includes extending the rule model, working with domains, and creating extension points.
The course also explains how to ensure the correct behavior of rulesets at run time. Students learn the features and limitations of rule execution modes (RetePlus, sequential, and Fastpath), and how to select the most appropriate mode for their rulesets. Finally, they learn how to configure and customize the runtime behavior of rulesets and how to enhance ruleset performance.
This course is designed for application developers who are experienced with the IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules business rule management system (BRMS).
Students should have:
- Successfully completed course Developing Applications in IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules BRMS V7.1 (WB307) (VB307) or (ZB307), or acquired equivalent JRules BRMS V7.1 knowledge through experience
- Experience with the Java programming language
- Experience with Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE)
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Reviewing JRules BRMS
- Working with business object models
- Exercise: Relating BOMs to XOMs
- Exercise: Renaming and extending BOM classes
- Exercise: Creating virtual BOM elements to enhance vocabulary
- Working with execution object models
- Exercise: Executing XML-based business rules
- Exercise: Working with a synthetic XOM
- Enhancing the rule authoring experience
- Exercise: Extending the rule model
- Exercise: Working with static domains
- Exercise: Working with dynamic domains
- Exercise: Creating and using rule project templates
- Designing ruleset execution
- Exercise: Exploring the rule execution modes
- Exercise: Creating a ruleset interceptor
- Course summary
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses