- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led course teaches you how to use the tools in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8 to build and deploy process integration solutions.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8 provides a comprehensive way to manage business processes by offering a suite of tools that support visibility, management, and automation with high quality of service. IBM Process Server and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus support a service-oriented architecture (SOA) by providing a platform for integrating business applications by using diverse technologies. IBM Process Center provides a scalable central repository and control center for organizing and managing process artifacts, applications, and services. IBM Process Server is a high-performance business process engine that orchestrates services within an SOA, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus enables interaction between applications and services by using standards-based connectivity.
In this course, you learn the concepts, architecture, components, processes, and procedures that are required to develop and implement an integrated business solution by using a diverse set of WebSphere and IBM products. You learn how WebSphere Java EE Connector Architecture (JCA) adapters supply connectivity to enterprise information systems (EIS). You learn how IBM Process Server enables business integration applications to define business logic and processes based on Web Services - Business Process Execution Language (WS-BPEL), human tasks, and business rules. You also learn how IBM Process Server uses the Common Event Infrastructure (CEI) to centralize the runtime monitoring of various events that occur in business integration solutions and applications.
The course also teaches you how to implement a reusable Coach View by using a Coach user interface, and then invoke it through a BPEL process. You then learn how to use IBM Process Portal to collaborate with others to participate in processes and complete their work efficiently. In addition, this course covers how WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus provides mediation services for integration applications. In the intensive hands-on lab exercises, you design, develop, and test a comprehensive business integration solution. You use a standards-based process design tool, IBM Process Designer, as part of the authoring environment to rapidly compose a process design. You use the IBM Integration Designer tool to create business integration solutions by using the Service Component Architecture (SCA) programming model, the Service Data Objects (SDO) data model, and the mediation flow programming model. You then manage your processes in IBM Process Center and deploy the integration application to IBM Process Server. You also test and debug the application. The lab environment for this course uses the Windows XP Professional platform.
This basic course is designed for system administrators, integration specialists, application developers, business process developers, support engineers, and technical sales and marketing professionals.
- Describe the purpose and business value of a service-oriented architecture
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8: IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Server, IBM Process Center, IBM Process Portal, Business Space, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Identify and describe the features available in IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, and the Service Component Architecture
- Describe the structure of modules and libraries
- Create business objects, shared interfaces, and business calendars
- Model a complex business process diagram in IBM Process Designer
- Create a complex business process that includes basic and structured WS-BPEL activities in IBM Integration Designer
- Use SCA bindings to communicate with web services
- Use WebSphere Java EE Connector Architecture (JCA) adapters in applications
- Implement data maps to transform business data
- Implement mediation modules to route and transform messages
- Implement business rules and use the Business Rules Manager client to interact with business rules at run time
- Implement human tasks in a business process, and generate JavaServer Faces (JSF) interfaces and Business Space human task user interfaces
- Create a business space by using widgets and templates that are available for IBM Process Manager Advanced V8
- Create and run component test projects in IBM Integration Designer
- Collect Common Event Infrastructure events and view them using the Common Base Event browser
You should have:
- basic Java and Java 2 Platform
- Enterprise Edition (Java EE) skills, and
- basic Extensible Markup Language (XML) skills
Successful completion of course Modeling with IBM Business Process Manager V8 (WB801GB) or Modeling with IBM Business Process Manager V8 (Remote Classroom) (VB801GB), is highly recommended, but not required.
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses