- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is designed for users who are new to developing applications for WebSphere Portal Server 7.0. Students will learn the fundamentals of designing and creating portlets, and move on to put to use of the new features. Specialized topics include migrating a 6.1 theme to the new version 7.0 theme architecture using Client Side Aggregation V2 (CSA2), developing custom themes using CSA2, and customizing the user interface for tagging and rating. Students will learn about iWidgets for the Mashup Center and gain experience customizing and using these for a WebSphere Portal 7.0 site. In addition, students will have the opportunity to apply best coding practices throughout the course, developing robust portlet applications and portal themes using Dojo, AJAX and client-side aggregation. This course makes extensive use of Rational Application Developer 8.0.1 to develop and test JSR 286 compliant portlets.
This course is for experienced application developers who are familiar with Java, Web 2.0, and Web development and who are responsible for developing solutions using IBM WebSphere Portal 7.0.
- Compare Rational Application Developer and WebSphere Portlet Objectives Factory
- Locate developer resources
- Review Portlet concepts such as the portlet lifecycle, WAR architecture, core, objects, and methods.
- Set up a development environment
- Perform basics of creating a project, deploying a portlet, starting and stopping a server and adding a portlet to a page
- Work with Core API (JSR 286)
- Leverage tag libraries
- Process portlet input
- Use Client side aggregation (CSA) framework
- Compare CSA and server-side aggregation (SSA)
- Customize portlet behavior
- Build interactive (collaborative) portlets
- Understand the basics of JavaServer Faces (JSF)
- Use JSF in the Portal environment
- Develop an iWidget
- Use Dojo and Ajax for portal development
You should have:
- a solid understanding of J2EE application development, including the ability to read and understand servlets, and Java Server Pages (JSPs)
- a basic understanding of Rational Application Developer or Eclipse development environment
- a strong Windows user skills.
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses