- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led course teaches core process modeling skills, project development methodology, and delivery best practice patterns. Students also learn how to install, configure, and manage an IBM Business Process Manager environment.
In this course, students use the IBM Business Process Manager Process Designer component to create a business process definition (BPD) from business requirements that are identified during process analysis. The course begins with an overview of business process management (BPM) and process modeling. Students learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by enabling all team members to use standard process model elements and notation, which makes expressing and interpreting business requirements consistent throughout the BPM life cycle. The course also teaches students how to build an agile and flexible shared process model that key business stakeholders understand, developers implement, and is adjusted to accommodate process changes.
The course continues with the architecture, installation, configuration, and management of IBM Business Process Manager. Students install and configure IBM Business Process Manager, and then examine its architecture to provide contextual information for the rest of the course. Students define and manage user authentication and authorization, install snapshots to various environments, and use tools to monitor process execution and system errors.
This course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations and class activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises throughout the course provide hands-on experience with BPM tasks and skills. This course is designed to be collaborative, and students can work in teams to perform class activities. The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform.
This basic course is for project and technical operations team members who monitor and administer one or more IBM Business Process Manager server environments.
- Describe why process modeling is an important phase in the BPM life-cycle methodology
- Identify how to use Process Designer to create a process application
- List and identify the core elements that are used to create a BPD in Process Designer
- Translate workflow steps into business process activities and nested processes
- Use gateways to control the process flow
- Validate that the process model meets playback zero goals and requirements
- Identify how intermediate events are used during the execution of a business process
- Describe the technical architecture of IBM Business Process Manager
- Define installation tasks
- Complete basic configuration
- Manage user authentication and authorization
- Install and configure snapshots
- Monitor IBM Business Process Manager processes
You should have experience with:
- Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Administering multitier business applications
- Managing WebSphere Application Server Managing a
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses