- Price AED 4,746
- Duration 4 Days
- Timings 09:30am - 04:00pm
- Locations Dubai
The lingerie and swimwear industry is expanding rapidly all over the world, and offers some great opportunities for starting your own label in this highly specialised section of the fashion industry.
This course will introduce you to lingerie and swimwear trends, brand leaders and influential designers, in the industry. Through a series of practical workshops, and after initial design and market research, you will have the opportunity to design your own capsule collection - for lingerie, or swimwear, for the appropriate market level.
During the course you will:
- Undertake extensive design research into lingerie and swimwear trends
- Develop your own ideas for lingerie, corsetry and swimwear designs using a variety of methods in a series of practical exercises
- Learn about sourcing and selecting the specialist fabric and components used for lingerie and swimwear
- Experiment with developing colour palettes and design themes
- Learn about range planning and developing your ideas into complete collections and presenting your ideas to customers
Please note that this is a design-based course and does not include any garment construction work or pattern cutting.
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
You will receive tuition from the high calibre industry professionals who teach on our London courses, to help you pursue your interests in fashion. Courses take place each February, May and October in Dubai.
University of the Arts London offers an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing art. Our graduates go on to work in and shape creative industries worldwide.
The University draws together six renowned colleges, each with its own world-class reputation. Our excellent facilities include everything from letterpress machinery to studio theatres and college archives.See all London College of Fashion courses