- Duration 40 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
This instructor-led course teaches students how to implement self-service Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data analysis solutions using the Microsoft data platform. The course discusses the rationale for self-service BI, and describes how to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Office 365 Power BI to create self-service data models and reports. The course then goes on to describe how to use Windows Azure HDInsight to perform Big Data analysis.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features and benefits of self-service BI.
- Use SQL Server Reporting Services to implement a self-service reporting solution.
- Use PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel to create analytical data models.
- Use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to import data into a data model.
- Use Power View in Microsoft Excel to create interactive data visualizations.
- Use Power Map in Microsoft Excel to create geographic data visualizations.
- Use Microsoft SharePoint Server to implement collaborative self-service BI solutions.
- Find and use public data in the Windows Azure Marketplace.
- Use Microsoft Office 365 Power BI to implement cloud-based self-service BI solutions.
- Provision and use a Windows Azure HDInsight cluster for Big Data analysis.
- Use Pig and Hive to analyze big data in Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Design and implement Big Data processes to support self-service BI
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling principles.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
- Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service Business Intelligence
- Module 2: Self-Service Reporting
- Module 3: Self-Service Data Modeling with PowerPivot
- Module 4: Importing Data with Power Query
- Module 5: Visualizing Data with Power View in Microsoft Excel
- Module 6: Visualizing Geographic Data with Power Map
- Module 7: Collaborative BI with Microsoft SharePoint ServerThis module describes how to use Microsoft SharePoint Server in an enterprise environment to enable users to share PowerPivot workbooks and Power View reports.
- Module 8: The Windows Azure Marketplace Data Market
- Module 9: Cloud Collaboration with Power BI for Microsoft Office 365
- Module 10: Introduction to Big Data and Windows Azure HDInsight
- Module 11: Processing Big Data with Pig and Hive
- Module 12: Implementing Big Data Processing Solutions with Windows Azure HDInsight
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses