- Duration: 40 Hours
This instructor-led course provides the knowledge and skills that IT Professionals need to design, optimize, and maintain SQL Server database.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design a database design strategy
- Design a database for optimal performance
- Design security for a database
- Design programming objects
- Design queries for performance
- Design a transaction and concurrency strategy
- Design an XML strategy
- Module 1: Designing a Conceptual Database ModelThis module explains the guidelines for designing a conceptual database model with a systematic perspective. A systematic approach involves formulating your database design process, following guidelines on how to gather and document database requirements, and following best practices when formulating a conceptual design. Finally, you will learn the guidelines for using Entity Framework.
- Module 2: Designing a Logical Database ModelThis module explains the best practices followed when you build a new logical database model. You will also learn the guidelines for normalization when designing an OLTP model and when designing a data warehouse database. Finally, you will learn to evaluate the existing logical model of a database.
- Module 3: Designing a Physical Database ModelThis module explains the guidelines to be followed when designing physical database objects and constraints. The module also covers the best practices for designing database tables and for designing data integrity.
- Module 4: Designing Databases for Optimal PerformanceThis module explains the considerations for designing indexes. The module also covers the guidelines for designing scalable databases, and choosing additional optimization techniques, including designing for plan guide and partition.
- Module 5: Designing Security for SQL Server 2008This module explains the best practices to be followed when designing for security in a database. The module will cover the guidelines for designing security for identity and access control, SQL development, database deployment. Finally, this module explains the guidelines for designing secure operations.
- Module 6: Designing a Strategy for Database AccessThis module explains the best practices to be followed when designing a database access strategy. The module will cover the guidelines for designing views, stored procedures, and user defined function. Finally, this module explains the guidelines for CLR development.
- Module 7: Designing Queries for Optimal PerformanceThis module will explain the considerations for optimizing and tuning queries to improve performance. The module will cover the design considerations to refactor cursors into queries. Finally, explain about set-based operations.
- Module 8: Designing a Transaction and Concurrency StrategyThis module describes considerations and guidelines for defining a transaction strategy for a solution. It also shows the guidelines to specify isolation levels for data stores. It also covers the guidelines for designing a resilient transaction strategy.
- Module 9: Designing an XML StrategyThis module describes the guidelines to design XML techniques. This module will cover the design considerations for XML storage, XQuery, XPath, and FOR XML clause. Finally, this module will cover the considerations for converting data between XML and relational formats.
- Module 10: Designing SQL Server 2008 ComponentsThis module provides an overview of SQL Server 2008 architecture and the various considerations for choosing SQL Server components to be included in a solution. The module will also cover the considerations for designing service broker and full text search.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses