- Duration 40 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
Get hands-on instruction and practice planning, designing and deploying a physical and logical Windows Server R2 enterprise infrastructure in this Microsoft Official course. This course is part one in a series of two courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to design and implement a Windows Server R2 infrastructure in an enterprise environment. The two courses collectively cover designing, planning, deploying, securing, monitoring, automating, and virtualizing an enterprise server infrastructure. This course covers the knowledge and skills needed to provide an enterprise solution that supports manual and automated server installations in a physical and virtual environment including the supporting file and storage services. You will also learn the skills necessary to provide enterprise networking solutions such as DHCP, IPAM, VPN, and DirectAccess. You will also learn the skills necessary to design and implement a forest and domain infrastructure including multi domains/forest and branch office scenarios. This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Exam 413: Designing and Implementing and Server Infrastructure, which is the fourth of five exams required for MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification. NOTE: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server R2 and System Center R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server R2 and have an MCSA: Windows Server certification or equivalent skills.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment strategy.
- Plan and deploy servers by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution.
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design and implement an AD DS organizational unit (OU) infrastructure.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Design and implement an AD DS physical topology.
- Plan and implement storage and file services.
- Design and implement network protection.
- Design and implement remote access services.
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA.
- Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and MigrationThis module explains how to plan a server upgrade and migration strategy.
- Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment StrategyThis module explains how to design an automated server installation strategy and plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Module 3: Planning and Deploying Servers Using Virtual Machine ManagerThis module explains how to plan and deploy a Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) infrastructure for deploying servers
- Module 4: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management SolutionThis module explains how to design and maintain IP address management (IPAM) and a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.
- Module 5: Designing and Implementing Name ResolutionThis module explains how to design a name resolution strategy.
- Module 6: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain InfrastructureThis module explains how to design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Module 7: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Organizational Unit InfrastructureThis module explains how to design and implement an OU infrastructure and an AD DS permissions model.
- Module 8: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object StrategyThis module explains how to design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Module 9: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical TopologyThis module explains how to design an AD DS sites topology and a domain controller placement strategy.
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing Storage and File ServicesThis module explains how to plan and implement storage and file services.
- Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network ProtectionThis module explains how to design and implement network protection.
- Module 12: Designing and Implementing Remote Access ServicesThis module explains how to design and implement remote access services.
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses