This 5-day instructor-led course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, and deploy a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure. The course also provides the skills to perform name resolution, application integration, optimization of automate remediation and maintenance of network services.
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience. This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary. Students have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 certification (MCSA) or equivalent skills. This course is also intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
-Implement server upgrade and migration.
-Design an automated server installation strategy.
-Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
-Plan and implement file and storage services.
-Design and implement a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.
-Design a name resolution solution strategy.
-Design and manage an IP address management solution.
-Design a VPN solution.
-Design a DirectAccess solution.
-Implement a scalable remote access solution.
-Design a network protection solution.
-Implement a network protection solution.
-Design a forest and domain infrastructure.
-Implement a forest and domain infrastructure.
-Design a Group Policy strategy.
-Design an Active Directory permission model.
-Design an Active Directory sites topology.
-Design a domain controller strategy.
-Design and implement a branch office infrastructure.
Before attending this course, students must have one or more of the following:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 MCSA.
- Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
- Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
- Module 3: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
- Module 4: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Module 5: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Module 6: Designing and Implementing an OU Infrastructure and AD DS Permissions Model
- Module 7: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Module 8: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
- Module 9: Planning and Implementing Storage
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing File Services
- Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
- Module 12: Designing and Implementing Network Protection
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses