- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
In this course, students learn the skills and best practices that are required to help organizations design and develop effective SharePoint applications.
- Advanced ASP.NET Concepts for SharePoint
- Designing for User Experience
- Designing for Data
- Designing Data Capture and Integration
- Designing Artefacts
- Designing Processing Solutions
- Designing Packaging
- Designing a Development Strategy
- Developing Versioning and Deployment
- Designing Information Architecture and Navigation
- Designing Branding and Customization
- Designing Security
- Designing for Page and Data Access Performance
- Designing Testing Strategy
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Develop strategies for caching, session state, as well as design for high performance sites by limiting page size and iteration.
- Determine the most suitable presentation method, visual elements, programmatic objects and multilingual strategy which meets the design objectives.
- Evaluate available data access and storage methods and determine the appropriate implementation for the application requirements.
- Identify the pros and cons of various data capture options and specify the most effective method or combination of methods for capturing user input.
- Evaluate the use and implementation of SharePoint artifacts and determine which artifacts best meet the needs of the application requirements.
- Design processing systems to get work done in the solution.
- Create an effective strategy for implementation and deployment of custom solutions in both development and production environments.
- Create a development strategy to allow multiple developers and administrators to work together.
- Devise a strategy for developing and deploying upgrades over time as the solution evolves.
- Develop an information architecture strategy that will support flexibility and growth and a navigation strategy that fits on top of this information architecture.
- Plan a comprehensive branding strategy and determine the necessary application elements required to support that strategy.
- Design and implement a security approach which supports both code access and end-user functionality.
- Design an effective strategy for optimizing page render times and data access methods within SharePoint 2010.
- Determine the appropriate use of unit and integration tests within SharePoint and design an effective strategy for insuring maximum code reliability.
This course is intended for developers and development leads who will be responsible for designing custom code solutions that are deployed to SharePoint 2010 servers. To be successful in this course, the student will have at least two years of SharePoint development experience and should have experience with ASP.NET and Visual Studio 2010.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses