- Locations: Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
- Duration: 40 Hours
The focus of this instructor-led course is on planning and implementing enterprise database infrastructure solutions by using SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft technologies. It describes how to consolidate SQL Server workloads, work with both on-premises and Microsoft Azure cloud-based solutions, and how to plan and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess an existing enterprise environment.
- Plan and implement Policy-Based Management.
- Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014.
- Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud.
- Use Microsoft Azure storage with SQL Server 2014.
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Implement and configure databases in Microsoft Azure virtual machines.
- Describe high availability technologies in SQL Server 2014 and implement log shipping.
- Describe Windows Server Failover Clustering and Implement an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance.
- Implement an Always On Availability Group.
- Plan high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Plan and implement database replication.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Planning and implementing databases
- Managing databases
- Querying with Transact-SQL
- Some basic knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery
- Some basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and concepts around cloud computing
- Module 1: Introduction to Enterprise Data Architecture
- Module 2: Multi-Server Configuration Management
- Module 3: Consolidating Database Workloads with SQL Server 2014
- Module 4: Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions
- Module 5: Introduction to Microsoft Azure
- Module 6: Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Module 7: SQL Server in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Module 8: Introduction to High Availability in SQL Server 2014
- Module 9: Clustering with Windows Server and SQL Server 2014
- Module 10: AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Module 11: Planning High Availability and Disaster RecoveryThis module describes the planning considerations for high availability and disaster recovery, and provides common implementation scenarios for on-premises, hybrid, and Microsoft Azure environments.
- Module 12: Replicating Data
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses