- Duration 15 Weeks
- Locations Mubarak Al-Abdullah
Basic techniques for design and analysis of efficient algorithms. Sorting, searching, graph algorithms and string processing. Design techniques such as dynamic programming and the greedy method. Asymptotic, worst-case and average-case analysis. Data structures including heaps, hash tables and trees.
- CSC 225 (Programming & Data Structures)
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply the fundamental principles underlying algorithm analysis and design in specific instances. [ABET a, b, j]
- Use essential algorithm design techniques such as pide and conquer, dynamic programming and the greedy method. [ABET a, c, j]
- Analyze complexity and correctness of algorithms. [ABET a, c, j]
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses