- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 14 Hours
- Locations 1378 Amman, 11953, Jordan
- The objective of this course is to explore the practical uses of basic types of derivative instruments ( options , forward rate agreement FRA , interest rate swap IRS , forward foreign exchange & foreign exchange swap) with an emphasis on the use of derivatives in risk management.
- Chapter (1) Options :
- Option moneyness.
- Calculating the option premium.
- The minimum and maximum values of (European & American) options.
- Options payoff profile.
- Chapter (2) forward rate agreements (FRA) :
- Overview , definition of FRA.
- Uses & the advantages of FRA.
- Buying and selling the FRA .
- FRA mechanics.
- Chapter (3) interest rate swap (IRS) :
- Definition .
- Interest rate swap explanation .
- Uses & the advantages of IRS
- Chapter (4) forward foreign exchange & foreign exchange swap :
- Forward foreign exchange market :
- Definition , uses , calculation.
- Formulas of calculating the forward rate.
- Relationship of forward points to interest rates.
- Foreign exchange swap :
- Definition , structure .
- Examples and practical cases.
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses