- Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
This instructor-led course provides students with an understanding of migrating and deploying Windows Server 2008 including installation, configuration, and upgrading. Special emphasis is given to upgrading common server configurations and using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced with Windows Server 2000 or Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification and/or equivalent knowledge.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Windows Server 2008.
- Install Windows Server 2008 Server Core.
- Configure Windows Server Core.
- Add and configure Windows Server Core roles.
- Add the Backup feature to Windows Server Core.
- Manage Windows Server Core.
- Create an answer file for use with Dcpromo.
- Create an Unattend file to automate RODC installation.
- Deploy a Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC) using an answer file.
- Install and configure Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Create operating system images in WDS.
- Add components like language packs to an image.
- Use an Unattend file with WDS.
- Configure custom computer naming for large scale WDS deployments.
- Deploy images with WDS.
- install Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
- Configure MDT.
- Create an MDT build.
- Create MDT deployment points.
- Perform a Lite Touch installation using MDT.
- Prepare a Windows Server 2003 forest for upgrade to Windows Server 2008.
- Prepare a Windows Server 2003 domain for upgrade to Windows Server 2008.
- Install a domain controller in an existing domain using the Windows interface.
- Install a domain controller in an existing domain using the Command Line.
- Describe considerations for upgrading file and print servers.
- Describe considerations for upgrading Web and application servers.
- Describe considerations for upgrading remote infrastructure servers.
- Install and configure the file and print server roles.
- Create and replicate a Distributed File System (DFS) namespace.
- Schedule a backup.
- Migrate a printer.
- Export an application and configuration from an IIS 6.0 server.
- Configure IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008
- Import a configuration onto Windows Server 2008
- Enable Remote Desktop and remote administration of Windows Firewall.
- Install and configure BitLocker Drive Encryption (BDE) and BDE Remote Admin Tool.
- Configure admin role separation on an RODC.
- Configure Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R).
- Migrate a Windows NT 4.0 server to a virtual machine.
- Module 1: Windows Server 2008 Installation and Configuration
- Module 2: Windows Server Core 2008 Configuration
- Module 3: Windows Server 2008 Unattended Installation
- Module 4: Using Windows Deployment Services
- Module 5: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Module 6: Upgrading and Migrating Active Directory
- Module 7: Upgrading File and Print, Web, and Remote Infrastructure Servers
- Module 8: Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Machines
- Module 9: Configuring Windows Server 2008 for Performance
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses