The Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions Early Release course provides students with the skills required to successfully deploy a complete Citrix app and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 environment. This early release course will enable organizations before the product is in market via select Citrix Authorized Learning Centers (CALCs) and Citrix Certified Instructors (CCIs). Subsequent versions of this course will be based on the final product code of XenDesktop 7, and will be
offered by additional CALCs and CCIs.
Throughout this early release course, students will learn how to configure an environment that includes the following Citrix components: XenServer, XenDesktop, Citrix License Server, MCS, PVS, Personal vDisk, Storefront, NetScaler (ICA Proxy, Load Balancing, Endpoint Analysis) and Citrix Receiver. Upon course completion, students will be able to build an environment including all XenDesktop 7 components from scratch.
Who should enroll in this course?
This course is recommended for solution designers such as Architects, Consultants and Engineers. Students will gain hands-on experience installing and configuring app and desktop solutions from the ground up, as well as testing their implementations prior to rollout. Leaving the class, students will have the skills to successfully deploy XenDesktop 7 solutions that a majority of Citrix customers implement today.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have:
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, including:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Terminal Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Performance Monitoring
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Completed the following courses or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
- CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7
- CXD-203 Managing XenDesktop 7 Solutions
- Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Set up the hypervisor
- Set up the infrastructure components
- Set up XenDesktop 7 components
- Configure XenDesktop 7 resources (server OS hosted desktop, server OS hosted apps, and desktop OS hosted desktops)
- Configure profiles and policies
- Set up and migrate to Provisioning Services
- Test the environment in preparation for rollout
- ILT and vILT courses offer lab access during the duration of the course.
Provided is the topic outline for the Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7
Solutions Early Release course:
- Understanding XenDesktop 7
- Setting Up the Hypervisor
- Setting up the Infrastructure Components
- Setting up the Citrix Infrastructure
- Setting up XenDesktop 7 Resources
- Setting up Policies
- Configuring Provisioning Services
- Preparing the Environment for Rollout
About Nahda Modern Institute
We_They was founded at the beginning of the millennium by a team of enthusiastic IT specialists who wanted to overcome the routine and create a company that would act in the market not only for business success but for the sake of Technology itself. Thus, the mission of the company was defined – to contribute to forward-looking transformation of the society through software development. Over 5 years of work, we have developed a range of solutions and gained ample experience in the services we offer: Custom Software Development, E-commerce Solutions Development, E-learning Solutions Development, Web development, Project Recovery, Consulting, and Quality Assurance.
Our specialists have been providing software development services for multiple clients from India, France and Malaysia, starting from small companies and continuing with very big and well known clients. Over 5 years, we have completed different kinds of projects; and we specialize in automation of business processes used by our clients.See all Nahda Modern Institute courses