This two-day instructor led course is designed to teach IT professionals how to install, configure, deploy, and manage a Microsoft Commerce Server 2000 site
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for the architecture, installation, deployment, and administration of Commerce Server in an enterprise organisation. Note: This course is applicable to both Commerce Server 2000 as well as Commerce Server 2002
- Explain the role of Commerce Server in an e-commerce enterprise, and the role of the IT professional in deploying and managing Commerce Server.
- Install Commerce Server and use Site Packager to package and unpack a Commerce Server site.
- Design and configure a network infrastructure that supports a Commerce Server deployment.
- Manage product data in Commerce Server by using Business Desk.
- Administer a Commerce Server site by using the tools that are included with Commerce Server.
- Manage and target user data in Commerce Server.
- Design and configure a security infrastructure that supports a Commerce Server deployment.
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites:
- Successfully completed:M1560, Upgrading Support Skills from Microsoft Windows NT. 4.0 to Microsoft Windows 2000
- M2154, Implementing and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services, or equivalent knowledge and skills
- Introduction to Deploying and Managing Commerce Server 2000
- Introduction to Commerce Server;
- Examining roles in Commerce Server;
- Deploying and managing Commerce Server
Module 2: Installing Commerce Server 2000
- Examining hardware requirements;
- Installing prerequisite software;
- Installing Commerce Server;
- Installing a packaged site;
- Installing and browsing Commerce Server Business Desk
Module 3: Creating a Network Infrastructure for Commerce Server 2000
- Examining parts of a network infrastructure;
- Creating a network infrastructure;
- Using network devices to enhance performance.
Module 4: Managing Product Data by Using Business Desk
- Creating a product catalogue;
- Managing orders
Module 5: Administering Commerce Server 2000P
- Monitoring and maintaining resources in Commerce Server;
- Importing data to the Data Warehouse
Module 6: Targeting Users and Managing User Accounts
- Managing profiles;
- Using campaigns to target users;
- Creating and scheduling a direct mail campaign
Module 7: Designing and Configuring Security for Commerce Server 2000
- Securing your network by using firewalls;
- Configuring SQL Server security;
- Configuring databases to store user profiles;
- Securing Commerce Server files and resources
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses