Overall aims of the Program
- To provide in Kuwait a postgraduate training program leading to the conferral of the internationally recognized Diploma of the MFDRCSI.
- To provide in Kuwait all three parts of the MFD/S examinations (A,B & C).
- To bring the graduate up to a standard of excellence so that he/she may prepare for and successfully sit the MFD/S examinations.
- To provide a cohort of highly trained enthusiastic and dedicated Kuwaiti general dental practitioners who will raise the standard of dentistry in the government polyclinics for the future generations.
- To qualify the graduate with the MFD/S Diploma which is a mandatory entry examination for any post graduate specialty training program in dentistry in UK and Ireland
- To prepare the graduate with a qualifying degree that could be counted on for further education leading to the MGDS diploma.
- To locally provide qualifying postgraduate programs for those young Kuwaiti dentists who may not be able to travel to study abroad.
The graduate would be expected to have achieved a level of clinical expertise in dentistry commensurate with a diplomat of Member of the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (MFDRCSI).
The graduate will have completed and be conversant with the following competencies by the end of the training period:
- Critical assessment of literature
- Statistical evaluation of scientific data.
- All aspects of medical emergencies relevant to the practice of dentistry.
- Basic sciences of relevance to clinical dentistry including: Anatomy, Dental Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Histology, Microbiology, Behavioral sciences.
- All aspects of cross infection control relevant to dentistry
- Human diseases of relevance to dentistry
- Medical ethics
- Medico-legal aspects of dentistry
- Practice management
- Computer skills of relevance to the practice of dentistry
- If possible, some aspects of research methodology, etc
KIMS was established under a decree issued by HH the Amir of Kuwait. The institute is engaged in a variety of activities, including the organization of internship training of pre-registration medical graduates, specialty training at various levels in different medical fields, and continuing medical education programs for health professionals practicing in Kuwait.See all Kuwait Institute for Medical Specialization courses