- Duration: 4 Days
This is the Classroom version of Instructor-led Online course: DB2 for LUW Performance Tuning and Monitoring Workshop - DB2 10.1 (ILO) (3L413GB), Self-paced Virtual Course: DB2 for LUW Performance Tuning and Monitoring Workshop - DB2 10.1 (SPVC) (2L413GB).
Learn how to tune for optimum performance the IBM DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows relational database management system and associated applications written for this environment. Learn about DB2 10 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows in a single partition database environment. Explore performance issues affecting the design of the database and applications using the database, the major database performance parameters, and the different tools that assist in performance monitoring and tuning.
Use tools in class that are common across the Linux, UNIX, and Windows environments. During labs running on DB2 10.1, develop your ability to use monitoring tools. Explain tools and DB2 utilities like RUNSTATS, REORG and db2batch to tune a database running on your local LINUX workstation.
This is an advanced course for database designers, database administrators, and application developers working with DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows who are concerned about performance.
- Define the impact of database design (tables, indexes, and data placement) on database performance
- Describe database application programming considerations and how they affect performance
- Identify and describe the parameters (database and non-database) that affect performance
- Tune parameters to achieve optimum performance
- Identify and use the tools that assist in monitoring and tuning of a database
You should have completed:
- DB2 10 for LUW: Basic Administration for Linux and Windows (CL2X3GB) or
- DB2 10.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Quickstart for Experienced Relational DBAs (CL484GB)
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses