- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is designed to teach you advanced topics about DB2 for z/OS utilities. It is assumed that you attended course DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831GB) so that you already have basic skills about the main utilities. Recovery-oriented topics are not part of this course, so such utility functions are not presented.
This course replaces course (CV870GB). This is the Classroom version of Instructor-led online course DB2 10 for z/OS Utilities for Database Administrators - instructor led online (3V871GB).
Please refer to course overview.
- Use RUNSTATS to accelerate the performance of a given SQL access
- Employ DSN1COPY, REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE for DBA tasks which are not recovery-oriented
- Use parallel index build with the LOAD, REORG and REBUILD INDEX utilities
- Load partitions in parallel
- Determine the appropriate LOAD options to use while considering concurrency and performance requirements
- Choose appropriate options with REORG and UNLOAD to achieve optimal performance and availability
- Provide appropriate LISTDEF, TEMPLATE, and OPTIONS utility control statements for use in DB2 utilities
You should have attended course:
- DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV830) or DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831GB), or have attained a similar level of knowledge
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses