- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course provides you with instruction on how to physically implement a logical database design in DB2. The course includes instruction on DB2 data management, DB2 catalog tables, the bind process, database utilities such as LOAD and REORG, and security considerations. This course replaces course number (CV830GB).
Note: This course material is at the DB2 10 for z/OS level.
This intermediate course is for future DB2 for z/OS database administrators who need to acquire the basic skills required to administer a DB2 database.
Please refer to Course Overview for description information.
You should have completed DB2 Family Fundamentals (CE031GB) and DB2 SQL Workshop (CE121GB), or have equivalent experience.
You should be able to:
- Design a relational table
- Describe the SQL data manipulation statements to access and change the contents of DB2 tables
- Setting up a DB2 database
- Referential integrity
- Getting data into and out of DB2
- Keeping your DB2 data in good shape
- Application data recovery basics
- Program preparation and Bind
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses