Clients/patients referred by medical practitioners for exercise is now common place, the impact of this for instructors is that the people you train can present with many conditions and or co-morbidities such as postural dysfunctions, neurological conditions, orthopaedic irregularities, through to obesity and coronary heart disease.
This Active IQ level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral provides the key skills and knowledge to establish exercise professionals in the field of Exercise Referral.
Focusing on the signs, symptoms and basic pathology of specific stable conditions; the implications and effects of specific medications relating to those conditions; How to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity programme, personalised to individual client's needs and lifestyle. What ever the condition that the client/patient is referred to you for, they all have one thing in common - the need for a trained professional to design a safe and effective exercise programme for the client/patient. Give yourself the confidence to train effectively with clients/patients with controlled conditions by qualifying as an exercise referral practitioner.
Learners must hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym/Exercise to Music or Aqua) or a Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training or equivalent.
This qualification is particularly aimed at Instructors and Personal Trainers seeking to work with special populations in both preventative and rehabilitative exercise therapies and widen their knowledge and understanding of the health promoting benefits of physical activity.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Those seeking to enhance their qualifications
- Personal trainers and advanced instructors wishing to go onto Level 4 qualifications
- Individuals already working in an exercise referral environment but who lack a recognised qualification
What Qualifications Are Needed?
- Level 2 Certificate In Fitness Instructing
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology - This can be taken alongside this course at additional cost
- The implications and effects of specific medications relating to those conditions
- The principles of exercise referral for clients with specific controlled conditions
- How to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity programme that is personalised to each individual client's needs and lifestyle
The signs, symptoms, basic pathology and management of specific conditions in the following ranges:
- Cardiovascular and respiratory
- Endocrine system
- Overweight (clinical) obesity
- Mental health-related
- Multiple nuerological conditions
- Referral justifications, recommendations, contraindications and medications
- How to set up and coordinate an exercise referral scheme, together with risk assessment and motivational interviewing
The learner must achieve all five units.
- Principles of Physical Activity and Exercise Referral
- Effective Exercise Programming for Clients with Medical Conditions
- Instructing Exercise with Referred Clients
- Professional Practice in Exercise Referral
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health
About Impact British Training Solutions
Impact British Training Solutions was set up in 2004, as the first ever accredited International Central YMCA Qualifications (CYQ) training centre in the Middle East, covering the UAE, Bahrain, KSA, Jordan, Qatar, and Oman . Early success and growing demand prompted Impact BTS to extend our operation to Asia and more recently delivering training in Azerbaijan. Impact has been delivering CYQ qualifications to UAE government organisations such as the prison services and the Military, this is seen as a key role in enabling the local population.See all Impact British Training Solutions courses
Healthcare and Medical Related Questions
- Sports Nutrition Business Diploma Course centre of excellence
AED 616Duration: Upto 150 Hours
- Postnatal Diet & Exercise International Open Academy
AED 1,352Duration: 50 Hours