- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
This course is a practical Wireless LAN course covering IEEE 802.11 WLAN technologies, site survey, installation, configuration, support, troubleshooting and security. The course gives experience with equipment from several leading vendors and teaches delegates how to install configure and support equipment from Cisco Systems, Symbol Technologies, Proxim, Orinoco, Colubris Networks, Netgear, Linksys, AirMagnet, WildPackets, Funk Software, Microsoft and more. The site survey labs now provide delegates hands-on experience using AirMagnet's latest site survey tools.
Information is also provided on the latest innovations and developments across the complete range of wireless LAN industry vendors.
This is a Planet3 Wireless INC course delivered in partnership with a Planet3 Authorised Partner.
- IT professionals and network engineers responsible for installing or supporting 802.11 Wireless networks.
- IT professionals wanting to progress into the wireless network industry.
- Network planners, designers and support staff.
- IT Security staff, managers and auditors.
- Understand and apply the essential concepts of Radio Frequency (RF) technology, including RF planning, RF-related calculations and spread spectrum technologies.
- Understand the fundamental operation of wireless LANs, for effective WLAN problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Describe the rules governing wireless LANs, to comply with local radio regulations for setup and maintenance of WLANs.
- Correctly install, configure and support wireless NICs, access points, wireless bridges, workgroup bridges, wireless gateways and WLAN antennas from Cisco Systems, Proxim Inc, Orinoco, Colubris Networks and more.
- Secure the transmission of data over a wireless LAN using WEP and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)Secure wireless LANs using VPN tunelling and encryption techniques including PPTP and IPSec.
- Analyse and troubleshoot WLAN problems in-depth, including RF coverage, multipath, hidden nodes and interference problems
- Work with sophisticated WLAN diagnostic tools such as AirMagnet and WildPackets AiroPeek NX.
- Perform a site survey for the installation of WLANs.
- Understand the insecurities in IEEE 802.11 WLANs.
- Identify the attacks that can occur from network hackers.
- Secure the transmission of data over a wireless LAN using WEP and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)
- Secure wireless LANs using generic 802.1x/EAP on access points from a range of manufacturers.Conduct essential security surveys to assess the presence and vulnerabilities of WLANs.
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses