This course has been designed to meet the needs of site operatives such as ground workers, labourers etc who are required to work on construction sites. The course aims to highlight the common hazards and the necessary behaviours in order to minimise the risk to both themselves and others whilst on site.
It develops an understanding and knowledge of what is required of them with reference to Health and Safety while working on a construction site.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand the need for accident prevention;
- Understand the basic legal system;
- Identify their role within the control and management of the site;
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements;
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and seek advice if not sure;
- Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
The main areas covered by the syllabus are:
- Health and Safety at Work Related Legislation
- Accident Reporting and Emergency Procedures
- Accident Prevention
- Health and Hygiene
- Manual Handling
- Working at Heights
- Working with Electricity, Underground/Overhead Cables and other Services
- Use of Hand Held Equipment and Tools
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safe use of Vehicles
- Noise and Vibration
- Fire Prevention
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
The maximum number of delegates is 20 per course.
Each candidate receives a copy of the CITB document GE 707 Safe Start handbook.
The method of assessment will be by 25 question, multiple-choice examination and lecturer review. It is anticipated that successful candidates would then proceed to do their CSCS touch screen test after this course, where required..
Successful candidates will be awarded the CITB Health and Safety Awareness Certificate.
Who are BSS?
British Safety Services are major suppliers of training in the field of occupational safety and health both in the UK and abroad. The current programme includes:
- NEBOSH Diploma Part 1 courses
- NEBOSH National Construction Certificate courses
- NEBOSH National General Certificate courses
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Health and Safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety