- Price QAR 4,800
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
The overall goal of this four-day course is to provide a structured approach to the analysis of sovereign and country risks in both mature and developing markets. This course also introduces the participants to the basic bank risk analysis using financial statement approach and ratio analysis.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the key drivers of country and sovereign risks in both mature and emerging markets
- Describe qualitative, quantitative and market indicators of vulnerability
- Recognise the impact of sovereign support and country risk on other exposures, including public sector entities.
- Discuss the nature of banking business
- Explain the various bank ratios
- Examine micro and macroeconomic factors affecting the country rating
- Calculate various ratios of a bank using a bank’s annual report
- Interpret bank risks using ratio analysis
- Use the macro and micro economic factors affecting the country risk to assign ratings for the countries under supervision and guidance.
- Credit Analysts; Management trainees; Account and Marketing officers.
- This course will use interactive training methods of a combination of lecturing.
- Qualitative versus quantitative analysis
- The role of country risk analysis
- Factors affecting credit worthiness
- Economic and political risk
- The role of rating agencies
- Types of risks faced by a bank
- Different types of bank ratios
- Bank ratio analysis
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses